Filed under Features

Celebrate with a senior trip

Senior trips or graduation trips are a great way celebrate and commemorate years of hard work and friendships in high school. It is typically a reward and a tradition for high school seniors. It is one final adventure before student’s hit the reality of their college and future plans.

This type of trip can be done many ways. Some students go to a really cool place just with their parents, while some choose to go on a big road trip with their friends. There are so many places people can choose.

Maddie Dallimore, Amanda Estrada, and a group of their friends from Hillcrest High School are all planning a giant road trip to California two weeks after school gets out. Maddie and her gang’s itinerary include nothing but fun. They are going to the beach, Disneyland, Six flags, a few national parks, and most importantly the Hollywood Walk of Fame!

Amanda Estrada said, “This trip is going to be awesome! She later discussed how happy she is to be done with highschool and cannot wait to let loose and have a great trip that she will always remember with her best friends.”

Maddy Lepore,another senior, is going on a trip to New York City with her mom and dad right after she graduates.

Maddy said, “I have always wanted to go to New York, I am really looking forward to going with my mom and spending some time with her.” Maddy is hoping to see some cool things such as the statue of liberty and a Broadway show. She also stated that she is happy she will have a great memory with her mom as she moves out and attends Utah State University this fall.

Some students are going on a humanitarian trip in place of the traditional grad trip. Izabele Smith and Brynlie Reid are going to Samoa. They are going through the program HEFY, a religious organization.

Izzy Smith said, “I have never been more excited in my life to first, graduate, and second, to go on this trip!”

Senior trips are a great way to complete your final years of high school as well as start working towards the future. So graduating seniors, whatever you decide to do, have a blast and stay safe!