Filed under News

Last chance for a last dance

Senior dinner dance is an event done by Hillcrest high school and is for seniors only. This dance is a formal event to celebrate the senior class as well as a great way to honor all their hard work over the years. Another purpose for this dance is to give students who were not as involved or never got asked to a dance one final chance to go to do so.

This year it will be held on Saturday, June 3 at the University of Utah Stadium Towers from 7 to 10 P.M. that night. The DJ is definitely a favorite among Hillcrest as well as an alum and it is DJ Echo. The dance costs 35$ per person. Dinner will be served at no extra cost and is typically a pretty nice meal. Last year chicken was served, as well as salad, fruit and bread.  

The Student Government and staff has worked very hard on making this a great event.  The venue is very classy and should make for a nice dance. It is a formal dance, however, it is not as formal as prom. Homecoming dance attire is the best way to describe how to dress. Gowns and Tuxedos are a little over the top for this dance.

Some additional information that is not necessarily specified is that typically students do not bring a  date, although it is not an official rule. Most seniors want to enjoy this last high school party with their friends in one big group.

Ali Willits said, “It’s pretty nice just going stag with all my friends. It’s a really great way to end our high school dance experience together.”  

This is why there is not an official “D-Day” for this dance. Since most students do not bring a date, day and night activities usually don’t take place either. However, if one does decide to bring a date, they too must be senior.

The graduating class of 2017 seems to be  looking forward to this dance as they embark towards their unknown journey of life.

Stockton Ashby, Student Body President stated, “Senior dinner dance will have the views of the city in the distance, bright just like our futures.”

Senior dinner dance will be worth the time and money. I highly encourage all seniors at Hillcrest to attend this one final, giant, party.