Filed under Sports

Steph Curry “we never landed on the moon”

Ben Margot/AP

The world cares very little of Golden State Warriors star basketball player, Steph Curry, returning from a groin injury, or the fact the he put up 38 points and 7 three-pointers on the night of December 10, or that he has set a new NBA mark for 3 point shooting, and that he is now shooting 50 percent from beyond the arc this season.

The world cares more about when he was a special guest on the “Winging It” podcast and said some very interesting comments about how he doesn’t believe the U.S. ever really landed on the moon nearly 50 years ago.

He says “Cell Phones were like this big back then, and you’re talking about, we took something to the moon? No, no, I don’t think so.”

Everyone else involved in that podcast quickly changed the subject and started talking about what cell phone they had in that time. It was never mentioned again during that recording.

Conspiracists really, truly, believe that human beings didn’t ever make it to the moon. They think that the video showed to Americans was phoney. As reported in The Washington Post, “Doubters argue that the flag Armstrong and Aldrin planted seems to flutter in the wind, which should be impossible on a windless moon. They also have said that there appears to be multiple lighting sources in official photos.”

It never really crossed my mind that people actually believe this and have a little bit of what they believe is evidence behind it.

Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin really did step foot on the moon on July 20th, 1969. The National Space Centre states that the flag “fluttering in the wind” is false. There was a rod placed on the top of the fabric to hold the flag away from the flagpole, which gives it the illusion of fluttering. The multiple lighting sources is created by an uneven surface and a low angled sun.

Eventually, this information about Curry got to NASA. They offered Curry to tour their laboratory when Golden State plays the Houston Rockets. “During his visit, he can see firsthand what we did 50 years ago, as well as what we’re doing now to go back to the moon in the coming years, but this time to stay,” a NASA spokesman, Allard Beutel, told The New York Times.

Maybe Curry will clarify his controversial comments in a post-game interview when Golden State Warriors play  in Houston on March 13, 2019.

About the Writer