Filed under Opinion

Trump ignores the problem

Trump ignores the problem

cnn.com

cnn.com

cnn.com

As the future of human kind is potentially disappearing due to climate change, we look to our leaders for a solution. In the United States wildfires, drought and change of weather distribution makes the problem more prevalent than ever. Despite the considerable amount of issues and concerns caused by this anomaly, the President’s administration ignores the issue and refuses to take action.

Climate change is real and is affecting us now. Former President Barack Obama said “There’s one issue that will define the contours of this century more dramatically than any other, and that is the urgent threat of a changing climate.”

This is now more prevalent than ever as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change said “Taken as a whole, the range of published evidence indicates that the net damage costs of climate change are likely to be significant and to increase over time.” If the Trump administration continues to fuel the problem, it will get worse and have even more lasting effects.

In November the Trump administration released a blockbuster report discussing decisions and statements regarding environmental and economic impacts of climate change. The report itself runs counter to finding solutions to the issue, it actually brings up ideas that will sooner or later make the problem worse.

The diplomatic decisions and statements within the report have no plans designed to reduce fossil fuels, which have a considerable impact on climate change. The Trump administration shows no interest or effort to fix the problem with Trump being quoted as calling climate change a “hoax” in an interview.

Along with no plans to reduce fossils fuels, the administration announced that Trump will walk away from Paris climate change treaty. On an international level the rest of the world has agreed to the treaty which will prove to fix the problem considerably.

Along with the contradiction to the Paris treaty, the U.S. has also walked away from G2O agreement which affirms energy conservation. CNN journalist says “it’s no surprise the US continues to be an outlier on the international stage.”

The Trump administration continues to oppose the idea of fixing climate change by many other demonstrations. It’s completely ridiculous and if our world leaders want to save something as important as the Earth is, agreeing to treaties, reducing fossil fuels and simply taking actions is a dire need the people want from leaders like the Trump administration.

About the Writer