Sting like a Bee

Bumblebee, one of the favorite transformers from the transformers series gets his own movie. Bumblebee came out on December 21, 2018 (USA). This movie takes place in 1987, and shows us the retro Bumblebee before he became the Chevy Camaro in the other transformers movies.

This movie features some transformers that we have not seen before such as Blitzwing, Dropkick, and Shatter. These are the main villains in Bumblebee, other decepticons seen in the movie are Soundwave and reportedly Barricade.

Aside from the characters there is one question transformers fans are asking, is this a reboot or a prequel? Some of the events don’t match up. For example in the Michael Bay transformers, Bumblebee had been on earth since world war 2, and working with the military, but in Bumblebee he shows up in 86’.

DiBonaventura, one of the producers of the film, says in an article from Greg Wakeman,”There are 1 or 2 things that are in somewhat contradiction but not entirely.”

This movie had some pretty good ratings. Rotten Tomatoes reviews has Bumblebee at a 93% rating. Braden Rosenhan, a freshman at Hillcrest, said, “It was a good movie, the fight scenes were dope and the Decepticons were some of my favorites in the series.”

According to google, 94% of people liked the movie. Chances are you would like it too. Josh Wright, a senior at Hillcrest, says, “Bumblebee was a great movie to end 2018, Highly recommend that you see it.”

I would rate this movie as a 4.5/5 paws. The only thing I have against the movie is that it doesn’t completely align with the Michael Bay movies, and that it doesn’t have the same feel as the other transformer movies. It has more of a playful feel. It was a visually stunning movie, and I loved how the transformers were a mix from the gen 1 transformers show and the Michael Bay movies. They a had a great choice of actors, including John Cena and Hailee Steinfeld.