Filed under Opinion

Trump’s Tigers

Trump’s Tigers

Erik Sherman

Erik Sherman

Erik Sherman

From the win on Jan. 7 at the 2019 College Football Playoff National Championship, the Clemson Tigers had the opportunity to visit the White House for a meal. This wasn’t a meal that they were expecting.

President Trump tweeted, “I think we are going to serve McDonald’s, Wendy’s and Burger King with some pizza. I really mean it.” The money to pay for it came from Trump’s pocket.

Although, from the perspective of everyone else, Trump is the worst. As a gift for winning a football game, he gives them the team junk food. He was able to bring a little bit of pocket change to help out the already rich football players to some cheap junk food. Being the man that he is, and how deep his pockets are, he bought them burgers, pizza, sandwiches, and chicken.

It’s not about what he got the football team, it’s the meaning behind getting junk food for people like them. When a team wins a bowl game, they have a huge celebration. They were able to go visit the the white house, yet, Trump repays them with cheap food. Welcome to America!

Hearing this, Michael Strahan decided to offer them a better meal, lobster. The decision would be easily guessed if someone were to decide between cheap fast food junk or exquisite lobster. He said, “I would like to invite the Clemson Tiger football team here for a great meal, Come out here, everybody. Whoever can make it, we’ll hook you up with lobster. … Whatever you want, we’re gonna take care of you.” From this, he clearly cares and knows how to treat champions better, rather than insult them with junk food.

In-order to pay for the expensive meal, Michael Strahan offered to have it come out of his own pocket. In Good Morning America, a talk show, Michael Strahan and co-host Sara Haines had this as one of their conversation topics. Sara Haines started out with, “Per egg is a lot of money, are you paying? We don’t have a lot of money.” Michael Strahan replied with, “It’s out of my pocket. I’ve got you guys.” This was said on January 15, at 11:12 am.