Utah State University

https://www.usu.edu/

Known for their Aggie Ice Cream, Utah State University (USU) is located in Logan, Utah, which is ranked in the top 15 cities for college towns in the United States.

USU is a public two or four year campus that is known for its close location to the mountains. Weber Ski Resort is a 45 minute drive from campus, first dam is 10 minutes, and second dam is 20 minutes. Logan is a great town to live in if you like the outdoors.

USUs campus has undergone several updates since in was founded in 1888. On campus, there is a three story gym building which students can use at no extra cost. The building contains a three story high rock wall, basketball courts, an indoor track, and exercise equipment.

Tuition for Utah residents is a low cost of $7,260 without scholarships. For out of state students, tuition is an average of $19,760.

USU offers 159 majors for students to choose from. Majors include nursing, journalism, liberal arts, chemistry, medical assisting, elementary education, and modern dance. There is a wide variety of options so that everyone can find something their interested in.

Junior Tabby Barnhart said, “The campus architecture is literally so pretty and the social aspect of Utah State is so extravagant it’s so appealing to me. It seems like something that I would remember forever and make lots of really good memories.”

Traditions are very important to the USU staff and students and are celebrated every year. Some of the top traditions include The Howl, True Aggie Night, and Ultimate Bingo games.

The Howl is a dance held around Halloween time that attracts students from colleges all around the state. Utah State is known for The Howl, and it has been a tradition for nearly 40 years.

Utah State is a place for everyone. They make everyone feel welcome and help you to embrace the Aggie spirit.