Conversations with a killer

Conversations with a killer

Who knew a clever and charming guy would be a serial killer. On January 24th, 2019, a Netflix series, “Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes,” directed by Joe Berlinger released.

Theodore Robert Bundy, known by the name Ted Bundy, is one of the most famous serial killers since 1970’s. Bundy killed, raped, and decapitated multiple young woman in multiple states such as Utah, Florida, Washington, and Colorado. He only confessed to 30 of those accounts, while the rest still remain unknown. After finally confessing to the authorities he was the one who killed and raped these young girls, he was sentenced to the death penalty on January 24, 1989.

The Ted Bundy tapes are an overview of Ted Bundy’s life from childhood, to his teenage years, and to the very end of his life. In each of the four episodes of the show, there are people how have had real life encounters of Bundy. Throughout the show, Bundy is talking personally about himself and the different event that occured. He refers to himself in third person a lot, so people can easily be thrown off by who is talking. One thing that is not included in these videos is what his motivations are or why he did it.

The Bundy Tapes were introduced during Sundance of 2019. These tapes are a real life encounter of Ted Bundy and his story. There are a few woman who confess their stories of knowing Bundy. While most of the encountered woman are now dead, there was one woman from Utah who was able to escape Bundy when he tried to kidnap her. He was able to escape by getting out of the car Bundy had put her in and ran into a random person’s car, asking them to drive away as quickly and as far as they could. He was charged for the kidnapping.

There were  multiple trials against Bundy to declare if he should be charged. On one of his victims he left very deep bite marks on her body. Authorities decided to give him a dental impression of his teeth, however it is not clear of why they decided to take that step. The teeth from the bite and the teeth from the dental impression were both perfect matches to the victims body. In the month of October, 1976, Bundy was charged with murder. In January of 1989 he received the electric chair.

Overall, I would rate this Netflix series a four out of five paws because it definitely kept me on my toes about what was going to happen next and how he was going to get caught. There was always something that was going to happen next with lots of twists and turns. The thing I didn’t like with this series is I think there should have been more follow up questions. If you like watching serial killer and what made them do these types of things, then this is definitely the Netflix series for you.

Picture credits: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ted-bundy-true-crime-series-coming-to-netflix/