Super Bowl commercials

Super Bowl commercials

Some people watch the Super Bowl for the game, some watch for the halftime show, and some people just like stuffing their faces with food. No matter the reason though, the commercials are sure to delight.

According to Ad Age, more and more celebrities are appearing in Super Bowl commercials. Kristin Chenoweth, Cardi B., Steve Carell, Harrison Ford, Zoe Kravitz, Chance the Rapper, and more all had their moments in commercials this year.

One standout was Amazon’s commercial advertising their digital assistant Alexa. It featured failed Alexa products like a toothbrush, hot tub, dog collar and space station. It starred Harrison Ford as the owner of said dog collar and by the end of the commercial, an entire pallet of unwanted dog food.

One of the most cringy (for some, for others, chill inducing) was Michelob Ultra’s ASMR commercial featuring Zoe Kravitz. For those unfamiliar with the internet trend it stands for autonomous sensory meridian response. That basically means that certain sounds trigger a tingling sensation or feeling of calm. There are hour long videos on youtube of people smacking their lips into a microphone and one with over 30 million views.

In the commercial, Kravitz whispered into the mic, tapped her fingernails on the bottle of beer, and just listened to it fizz.

“It’s the dumbest thing that ever happened,” says sophomore Rushmeen Tariq about the commercial.

Google promoted their translation service as a way to bring people together in their commercial titled 100 billion words. According to them, the most translated words every day are, how are you, thank you, and I love you.

Along with product promotions there were many movie trailers in the mix this Super Bowl. Fans can look forward to Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, Toy Story 4, and Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs and Shaw.

Here is a link to all the commercials mentioned in this article and a couple more: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-super-bowl-commercials-watch-all-the-ads-your-co-w orkers-and-friends-will-be-talking-about-monday/.artplusmarketing.com