The everyday stalker

On December 26, the new Netflix drama and thriller “You” was released. It has just recently become very popular. The show is able to hook you in, and will definitely be the next show that you will want to binge watch.

The new show has some great actors in it, and a great story line. Penn Badgley, who is most commonly known as Dan Humphrey from Gossip Girl, plays a man named Joe Goldberg. He is a manager of a bookstore and immediately becomes obsessed with a girl Guinevere Beck, who goes by Beck, and is played by Elizabeth Lail.

Joe is a stalker and once he meets Beck he immediately becomes attached. Most of the show is narrated by Joe, so we get to understand a lot about the way Joe thinks. This allows you to follow Joe’s actions when he is stalking Beck, and going on kidnapping runs.

Everything Joe does, in his mind, he is doing it all for Beck. He justifies all of the horrible things he does by saying it will all help Beck. Not only is he stalking Beck, but he is also trying to win her over, and be the kind supportive boyfriend. This definitely adds a level of suspense to the show, because he is trying to navigate stalking Beck and dating her.

One of the major controversies with the release was that many people felt that Joe was very attractive. And the fact that he was a stalker made it more controversial.

Caroline Redding, a student at Hillcrest High School said, “I really feel like the show was super exciting, one minute you’re watching a normal couple, and the next you are reminded of how he is stalking her, and the endings of each episode always surprise you”

The show keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. It never just focuses on the relationship of Beck and Joe, it always reminds you how dangerous he really is. He tries to control every aspect of her life without her even realizing it. This is definitely a show you will not want to miss.

PC: https://www.narcity.com/entertainment/netflixs-you-is-officially-getting-a-season-2-and-heres-everything-you-need-to-know