A modern rom-com

The clichés of original love stories can be seen throughout many different romantic comedies but “Isn’t it romantic” focused on finding love even if we can’t see it at first. If there is only one movie you see this year it should be this one because of the quirky pick up lines and the unforgettable love story.

The movie is based around a girl named Natalie , played by Rebel Wilson, who works as an architect. Her assistant loves everything that involves romance but Natalie is the opposite. Natalie thinks that love doesn’t come that easily because romance isn’t just butterflies and perfection.

As she goes to get coffee for her boss, she is mugged on the subway and ends up hitting her head, transporting her to an alternate universe, that ends up to be her worst nightmare. She ends up in a romantic comedy where her life is perfect, but the only way to leave the alternate reality, she has to escape every cliché and find love.

This movie will keep a smile on your face throughout the whole film, not just because a “beguiling”  Liam Hemsworth is shirtless a couple times, but because it tells women to find your worth inside of you first, then to find your soulmate. At the beginning of the movie you see Natalie in low quality clothes but once she is in the alternate universe, you can see her wearing high fashion clothing which shows that the producers and creators for the movie put lots of detail into the film.

The supporting actors and actresses were all so hilarious. Liam Hemsworth played a businessman, named Blake, who is very rude at the beginning but in Natalie’s dream he is obsessed with Natalie. At one point he writes his number on rose petals so that Natalie will call him. He also can’t stand still when he talks on the phone which makes you laugh when he starts to kick a plant.

Another character that plays a vital role is Josh, a guy who works at the same office as natalie. He falls in love with the Supermodel/Yoga ambassador who loves his chin fat. Her gay best friend in the alternate universe is also hilarious because he has so much enthusiasm that just watching him on screen makes you want to run a marathon.

“Isn’t it romantic” was a movie for girls who don’t think they are the type of girl a guy is looking for. It’s main theme was finding the love for yourself inside of you and not from another person. Natalie notices that love stories aren’t what they are made out to be but they can come true for anyone.