Spring flingin’

Spring flingin’

For one final time as a Husky family, Hillcrest students from all grades partied it up at Spring Fling at the last dance of the school year. The theme for this year’s dance was Dynamic Duos, and students went all out. People dressed up as Disney characters, food items, athletes, movie characters, and even in some cases, medicine.

There are usually places to take pictures, and at this dance there was a photo booth. Students could take four pictures in sequence and then send them through text or email to print off later.

“It was the best music I have ever heard at a dance,” said senior Katie Morrison, a regular at Hillcrest dances. “It was a lot of fun to dance to and the seniors had a more party mood I think.”The DJ at this dance was Public Opinion, the same DJ from the Sweetheart’s dance back in February. He allows students to make suggestions to music and is pretty lenient to choices, as long as the songs aren’t explicit.

Spring Fling is very often the most attended dance, and this year wasn’t any different. There were about 450 tickets that were sold, and the dance floor was packed.

“This was a really fun dance to peace out to… Hillcrest knows how to party,” said senior class president Josh Olson.

The theme, the music, and the energy at this dance were unlike any other. This dance will be remembered as a one of the best, and will be a new standard for dances at Hillcrest High School.