Husky Fair: Welcome Huskies!

PC: Emelia Manwaring

PC: Emelia Manwaring

For all those incoming freshman and upperclassmen out there, Husky Fair was on Tuesday, February 4!
With the purpose of getting 8th graders excited and ready for their first year in high school, Husky Fair showcased 30+ of the different classes and clubs students can register for.

Husky fair started at 4 p.m. and went until 6:30. Students had the opportunity to learn about all these different clubs Hillcrest had to offer. Students were also able to attend an assembly showing off cheer, VE, Concert Choir, Drill, Band/Orchestra, and other Hillcrest organizations. 

Located in the hallway by senior bench to the cafeteria, booths were set up featuring some of the following:

• Newspaper
  • FBLA
  • Key Club
  • Deca
  • Debate
  • Chinese Club
  • Key Club
  • LIA
  • Spanish Club
  • French Club
  • Mock Trial
  • Debate
  • Cheer
  • Drill
  • Automotive
  • Woodworking
  • Digital Media
  • Yearbook
  • Soccer
  • Football
  • Cross Country/Track and Field
  • AP Human Geography
  • Hillcrest Science Club
  • HOSA
  • Dance
  • Productions Company
  • Hope Squad
  • Robotics

Make sure to sign up for any of these clubs you wish to join! Many people have already signed up for the different clubs and next year will be a party!

Registration for Hillcrest 2020-2021 began on February 4th and goes until February 18. All of the counselors should have come around to your English classes the first week of February and explained the different steps you need to take to register. 

Many of the clubs seen at the Husky Fair are audition classes only. In order to put the class into your schedule, talk to the teacher in charge of the organizations. If you have any other questions regarding how to join a club, look at the contact information on the flyers that were handed out at the fair. If there are still more questions, talk to a school counselor. 

Hillcrest is looking forward to having you!