Filed under Sports

NBA Playoffs Round 2

The second round of the NBA playoffs are now in full swing. After a dramatic first round involving many close games, we are now down to the final eight teams. From the west, we have Golden State vs. Utah, and San antonio vs. Houston. The Western Conference has shown an immense amount of competitive play, with 5 teams in the conference reaching 50 wins.

The Warriors are coming off of a sweep against the Trailblazers, where they proved their dominance with their ridiculous shooting performance and ability to rack up points on the scoreboard. The Jazz went seven games against the Clippers where they rose victorious in the last game and delivered a dominating performance in Los Angeles on the back of their big man Derrick Favors.

The Jazz come into the series as a clear underdog, but that doesn’t take away their fans loyalty throughout the playoffs, who have been the loudest in the NBA.

The Spurs come into the second round as heavy favorites after their star player Kawhi Leonard showed his MVP caliber abilities. This shows why he is considered to be the best two way player in the game. The Spurs are by far the most experienced and dynamic team in the NBA. But standing in their way are the Houston Rockets who are led by guard James Harden, who is also a favorite to win the MVP. The Rockets are a run and gun team who can light up and score upwards of 130+ points a game when they are on fire.

Out of the Eastern conference the match ups are Boston vs. Washington, and Cleveland vs. Toronto. Despite being the number 2 seed, the Cavaliers are the clear favorite to coast their way to the NBA finals. Having a roster filled with an insane amount of combined young and veteran talent, they have looked unbeatable as of lately.

Lebron James has proven time and time again this season why he is considered to be the best player in the NBA, and the playoffs are no different. The Raptors come in with a strong shooting presence with Kyle Lowry and Demar Derozan, who will need to be on their A game if they want to have any chance at making this series close.

The Boston Celtics own the home court advantage in the eastern conference as the #1 seed, but many analysts and critics feel like they are just not on the same basketball level as the Cavaliers.

Despite the doubts, the Celtics just came off of a 6 game series where they beat the Chicago Bulls with four straight wins. The main reason is because of their star 5”8 point guard Isaiah Thomas, who has been averaging upwards of 30 points a game.

They Will now face the Washington Wizards, who have one of the most dominant back courts in the league with John Wall and Bradley Beal. The series should be a tight one, as both squads show some of the same skill set. The playoffs are surely looking exciting, so tune in and watch!