Filed under Sports

Aaron Rodgers injury: Intentional or accident?

On October 15, 2017, the Green Bay Packers faced off against the Minnesota Vikings at the U.S. Bank Stadium. In the first quarter, the play was on 2nd and 9 at 6:59 time was in the quarter when the Vikings outside linebacker Anthony Barr purposely hit Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers from the side after he threw the ball to a wide receiver.

Rodgers had already thrown the ball when Barr reacted 3 seconds after he threw it. Video footage shows that it was a very late reaction and a very late hit to Aaron Rodgers, but the refs did not call a flag on that play after them seeing with their own eyes that it was an uncalled for hit. Barr had a small smile on his face and gave him the finger when he had noticed that Rodgers was not getting up from the ground.

Rodgers was picked up off the ground by some of the medical staff and teammates, it was clear that Rodgers had taken a very strong hit. Rodgers was walking to the sideline exchanging some unprofessional words with Barr. After a couple of hours, Aaron Rodgers was told that he had a broken collarbone and was also told that he was going to be out for at least 8 weeks, though it is not a season-ending injury depending on the progress he has with the therapy, and how he heals.

Packers head coach, Mike McCarthy told the press, “I did not like the hit, I had a chance to watch it last night on the plane. He’s out of the pocket. He’s clearly expecting to get hit. To pin him to the ground like that, I felt it was an illegal act. To sit here and lose any of your players or something like that, it doesn’t feel very good.” McCarthy had the chance and took the chance to watch closely and told the press what everyone wanted to hear.

Aaron Rodgers spoke about the injury days after his surgery  “I looked over at him as I was walking off the field, Cameras caught me saying something to him but what they missed was him [giving me the] finger, ‘suck it’ sign.” Rodgers was of course really upset about the injury because himself and the team were off to a great start until the injury came, now the packers are going downhill without Aaron Rodgers.

The hit was intentional, Barr stood up, smiled, and flipped him off said everything that has to be told, the hit was uncalled for and very disrespectful. They say Karma hits you back eventually, so now Barr has to watch his back because karma is coming for him.