Simply running out of time

“The Death Cure” is the third movie in the Maze Runner series. The trilogy is based on the books which are written by James Dashner. The red army, main character Thomas and his group of friends, are fighting a battle against WCKD (World In Catastrophe: Killzone Experiment Department) who are using their blood and memories to cure a disease called the flare.

For the purpose of experimenting, they selected about a hundred teenagers, including immunes and non-immune control subjects. They passed them through the trials, such as the Maze and the Scorch, which involved various obstacles designed to stimulate an area of the brain.

“They planned to use these patterns to discover why these subject’s brains were able to fight off the Flare, allowing them to produce a cure. Thomas (Dylan O’Brien), Teresa  (Kaya Scodelario), Aris  (Jacob Lofland), are all teenagers who worked with WCKD to create the trials before having their memories wiped and going through the trials themselves” quote from mazerunner.wikia.com

Throughout this whole movie, it was left on my toes. One second you would think the movie was over but nope it wasn’t. The thing that most surprised me was the ending. It was very heartbreaking, but it gave closure to the end. No cliffhangers, just sadness.

Thomas powered through all the obstacles that WCKD threw his way, he saved his friends and in the end he made it out alive. This movie was by far the best out of the three. It had a bunch of twist and turns.

In all honesty this movie broke my heart, it had an amazing storyline. The message the movie gave off was powerful. It stated that you can’t save everyone, you can save some but not all. In one of the ending scenes Thomas is fighting with Newt, because Newt had caught the flare. All Thomas wanted to do was save him, but in the end he just didn’t make it.

Out of all three of the movies this one was by far the best one, you would second guess every action that was happening. This movie is five out of five paws.

PC:www.empireonline.com