Filed under Showcase, Sports

Hillcrest Drill takes 3rd at State

hillcresthuskies.com

Hillcrest Drill takes 3rd at State

hillcresthuskies.com

hillcresthuskies.com

hillcresthuskies.com

hillcresthuskies.com

Hillcrest drill has been working on their dances and routines since the summer of 2017. They practice their dance routine, military, and character. The Drill team is always saucing it up with their dances that they work hard and practice either once every day or twice every B day.

The Drill team performed at Kearns High School to compete with a “strong and confident mentality,” said captain, senior Rylee Bergman. The team was able to take first in Dance, Military, and Character in Region competition.

The team was ready from the start of the year for this strong competition that was coming through as a hard obstacle. “I felt super confident in my team because we have worked super hard and prepared hard up to this moment. We have worked hard since March of 2017 and still going,” said team captain Annie Bunker

The three dance captains Annie Bunker, Sydney Brey, and Rylee Bergman won the All Region Award for 6A. They believe that it was for academics and performance of the dances that they have been doing throughout the year.

The State Drill competition was on Saturday February 3 at UVU and the team was prepared physically and mentally.

The competition was tough as they faced teams like Copper Hills and Bingham. Two teams that are great performers and are coming to battle just as hard as Hillcrest is with pride, joy, and attitude.

The drill team went all out on their dances and managed to get 3rd in the state. They should’ve gotten 1st in military but I guess the judges were blind. Although they didn’t get first place the Hillcrest student body, administration and parents are proud of the tough fight they put on. Everybody knows how much work they put in at all of their practices. The hillcrest family will always be proud of the drill team no matter what.

On the other hand 5A and 6A both had the same competition at the end called “The Drill Down” for 6A and our very own Lindsey Wehrli took first place! She was facing the opposite way than the other three girls and everybody thought she was out. It turns out she was facing the correct way and automatically took first place!

The drill team didn’t place in 1st for state but that didn’t send them with their heads down because at the end of the day they still went on to celebrate with their heads held up high with nothing but smiles and laughs.