Filed under Opinion

Mars, probable or not?

Should we go to Mars, or should we stay on Earth? Or are good as is? With not enough problems to leave the Earth, which will eventually happen, if we continue growing as fast as we currently are. 

We also have to keep in mind the generations after us. Will humanity stay on Earth, are they going to live, will they have enough space for farming? Even so, will they have the same quality of life as us?

Mars is rich in minerals, said by National Geographic,  one of the main factors why we should colonize it is because of the space for farming, giving the future generations more life quality. This is one of the biggest problems on Earth, the loss of space that is happening in our home planet. We can see it, every human knows that many forests in tropical world areas are being burned down to create space for farming, for a society that is growing faster everyday.  In addition, this kills the biodiversity in our planet.  

Also Mars can be full of surprises, like the discovery of new elements, or also of new geographic features that we have never seen on Earth. We can also create a new culture, like when some of the European population came to live in America, it would be similar to the culture in the Earth, but different in some ways. 

However, other people may see in a different way, because everyone in this world has a different point of view. Despite this, it is true that the resources in the Earth are going to end in some point of our lifetime as a species. Another possibility is that we contaminate our planet so much that we were no longer available to live in it.

If we go to Mars, human kind has two things guaranteed, we will be able to have a better life quality, as well as more space for the humanity. Even that it would cost at least 400.000 million of dollars, said by the newspaper La Vanguardia, because is an odyssey that can guarantee our survival.