Filed under Sports

Packers decision to get rid of Nelson

Although the NFL draft is one of the best moments that can possibly happen, all of the NFL teams are able to buy and sell players. The fans have a huge part in this, because the teams listen to the fans and get what the fans desire with who they want as a part of the Packers franchise.

The 2018/2019 season will be a rough one for the Green Bay packers. During the offseason they have been on and off with multiple players in there current team, and future team who they are willing to buy or trade. The Packers have been on the hotspot with fans, reporters, and staff members during this offseason because of who they have sold and bought.

The biggest impact that has hit the Green Bay Packers franchise was the decision to sell Wide Receiver, Jordy Nelson. Jordy Nelson was named one of the best all time wide receivers that the Packers have ever had, he was announced the comeback player of year after tearing his ACL, MCL and his Meniscus. Jordy Nelson was one of the hardest working players that ever put on a Green Bay Packers uniform.

After a tough season for the Green Bay Packers have been negotiating with Nielson about his contract renewal, after the season has ended the Packers made a huge U-Turn and decided to sell Jordy Nelson to the Oakland Raiders for $15M dollars. Jordy Nelson was not aware of the contract agreement between the Packers and the Raiders when it was all happening until they came to an agreement.

Former teammates of the Nelson were not happy with the teams decision to get on the wide receiver. “Having him in the majority of plays, running routes, sharing the pitch with a good friend for almost eleven season was thrown away like a piece of paper, its sad,” said starting Quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Packers staff was also not happy with the decision but claimed “It was something that had to be done,” for the team and Jordy himself to progress through the future. “He was like my son you know, you can only have them for a certain amount of time under your wing until it’s time for the bird to leave the nest. We will miss him without a doubt, without regret, just memories,” said Head coach Mike McCarthy.

Will the packers succeed without Jordy Nelson? Will the team bring in a better replacement for the wide receiver spot? The team is looking upon their future seasons to come and what they can do to progress through this catastrophe that they are in.