Filed under News

You’re fired

Before becoming the United States president, Donald Trump was in a reality T.V show called “The Apprentice.”  “You’re fired,” was his iconic line, and it hasn’t stopped in the oval office.

Twenty-three people have left office since his inauguration, that’s equivalent to 1 in 3 people leaving. According to the Washington Post Donald trump has fired these people for the following reasons:

• Sally Yates: Sent a memo to the Justice Department employees asking them not to defend Trump’s travel ban from seven major Muslim countries.
  • U.S. attorney Preet Bharara: Fired for not complying when asked to submit his resignation.
  • James B. Comey: Fired for handling the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s emails.
  • Tom Price: Didn’t secure enough Senate votes to get rid of Obamacare.
  • Nikki Haley: Questioned Haley’s colleagues on whether she was doing her job well enough.
  • Stephen K. Bannon: Trump distanced himself from Bannon after an exchange with a reporter from the New York Post.
  • Reince Priebus: He wanted to get rid of staff from the Obama era.
  • Sean Spicer: Spicer resigned after the rumors of him being replaced soon
  • Jeff Sessions: Recusing himself from the Russia investigation.  

Now, Robert Mueller could be joining the club white house rejects.

Robert Mueller is an American attorney who served as an FBI chief and as of May 2017, he was appointed special counsel to see an ongoing investigation between Russian officials and President Trump.

According to the New York Times, on Monday, April 8, a team of FBI agents raided President Trump’s personal attorney, Michael Cohen. Cohen is currently under investigation for his business dealings according to CNN. The FBI seized business records, emails, documents, even a payment to Stormy Daniels who is the adult film star Donald Trump is also being investigated for.

It’s fair to say he was not happy, even mentioned firing Mueller but if he wants to stay in office, he may want to reconsider.  People are going as far as comparing President Trump to former president Nixon.

Nixon served as President from 1969 to 1974 and resigned before impeachment papers could ever go through. Nixon was being investigated by special counsel at the time for obstruction of Justice.

However, before special counsel could get to the bottom of it, he was fired by Nixon. The process to impeach him was right after the incident, and ultimately he decided to resign before they could announce his impeachment.

It’s all under speculation at this point on whether or not Donald Trump will fire Mueller. However on April 8, he tweeted “If I wanted to fire Robert Mueller in December as reported by the Failing New York Times, I would have fired him. Just more Fake News from a biased newspaper!”