Filed under Showcase, Sports

FC Barcelona winning streak

Spanish soccer club FC Barcelona is leading the spanish league by storm with a ten point or more lead on the rest of the clubs. FC Barcelona has stayed in first place battling hard working teams such as, Sevilla, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, and Valencia.

The Spanish club is running the table with 83 points and five league games left in the season. Barcelona has had one of the best seasons in the Spanish league. Barcelona has stunned their own fans and their rivals, Real Madrid, along with their fans.

FC Barcelona is on a hot running streak since the start of the season going 35 games unbeaten. They have had eight draws and no losses. They have gone through many obstacles like captain Andres Iniesta announcing his departure from the club, trying to drag them down mentally and have them give up the streak but the Spanish club is going strong and not giving up.

This is the first year Barcelona have a new coach since Luis Enrique stepped down last year. “It’s an honor being able to have this, my first season as coach for this beautiful club, playing amazing in the league and having the best players is a huge honor, Barcelona is bringing many more achievements to the world,” said head coach Ernesto Valverde in a press conference after facing Sevilla in the Spanish up.

“For me, being at this club for more than 10 years and being able to share this achievement and pitch with the players in and out of here is amazing, i knew we would bring great things, but i never thought that we would get passed all the teams and achieve this unbeaten streak, it’s a blessing,” said Striker and head captain Lionel Messi.

FC Barcelona was having a whole unbroken streak with the Spanish cup and Champions league. Sadly they were eliminated in the quarter finals by Italian club Roma in the champions league. They are still on a hot run in the Spanish cup, playing in the final against a rivalry club Sevilla FC, and on to win the League with first place and unbeaten.

Leaders on the field like, Messi, Iniesta, Pique, Busquets are the motivated type of players who are leading the team with , positivity, encouragement and a great mindset. They are being a huge part of the teams success as whole not as one, they are individuals who want everyone on the team to be as one, this club is onto great things in the coming future.