Pretty little lies

“ I Feel Pretty” is a movie about a woman who struggles with feelings of deep insecurities and low-self esteem. These challenges hold her back from everyday activities. When one day at a cycling class she falls and hits her head hard. When she wakes up, she is a whole new woman with newfound self esteem.

Renee sees herself as something she isn’t. She inspires to be beautiful. When she falls and hits her head, she finally has all the confidence she was dreaming off. She sees herself as a completely different person, but everyone else sees her as the same Renee just with more self-esteem. But in the end it all that confidence gets to her head, and she loses herself and her friends along the way.

One scene in the movie, she is on a date with Ethan ( a man she met at the laundromat ), and they pass a bar that’s having a bikini contest, and Renee enters the contest but she doesn’t have a bikini on. So she makes do with what she’s got. She turns her shirt into a top and opens up her shorts to make a bottom. She gets on the stage and just starts dancing. This was probably one of the funniest scenes throughout the whole movie.

Amy Schumer added a lot of humor throughout the movie, she brings the humor alive through pain. Some of the humor may be a bit vulgar, but it’s what makes Amy Schumer funny. The reason I think that some of the things she says come from pain, is the way she says the line, a lot of the time the jokes she tells are about herself, and her insecurities.

She plays off that, she plays off her insecurities and her low self-esteem. It shows that you can be insecure but still be able to take the teasing, or tease yourself. Which to me is important, it’s important to be able to joke about things.

At the end of the movie, she is presenting a new line of makeup, and she presents two pictures of herself one of them is from when she had no self esteem, and the other is when she did. She looks at this pictures and smiles, and then goes on to say that every woman has insecurities and it’s better to embrace those insecurities rather then hide them. This movie had a really in inspiring message behind it.

Amy Schumer really did make this role amazing, she brought the comedy and the pain. This movie would get a four out of five paws.