Filed under Sports

Karris Davis from a football player at Hillcrest to a football player at SUU

Southern Utah Thunderbirds Athletics

From Karris’s time at the Hillcrest football program, Davis left some pretty big shoes to fill 403 Total rushing yards, 4.6 average rushing yards, 87 carries, 19.2 rushing yards per game, 2 rushing touchdowns and 5 total rushing touchdowns at Hillcrest high school, and again, that’s a pretty big loss that Hillcrest took and should try to replace.

Today, in 2018 as a freshman at Southern Utah University, Davis has begun to make his mark in Cedar City; 40 rushing attempts, 183 yards rushing, 5 rushing touchdowns, 22 yards was Davis’s longest run so far while for Karris’s catching 9 catches, 48 receiving yards, and although he doesn’t have any touchdowns from catching, Davis’s longest catch was 9 yards so far this college football season.

If Karris Davis continues to bust his behind for the thunderbirds, he has a shot at being the 1st overall pick in 2022 NFL draft, if Davis want to go to the NFL after college. If he doesn’t go to play pro football I won’t care, what I care about is that I know Karris is scoring for me and i’m so proud of him. When asked what is he going to do for a job after college or the opportunity to play in the NFL someday; Davis said “Well if I don’t make the pros I want to be able to make a well paying job and succeed in whatever the future holds for me.”

Davis’s old offensive coordinator Ron Hill said this about Davis during a summer day when Cazzie Brown caught karris late to practice

“Cazzie called Karris’s dad because Davis was late to practice, Brown with Karris’s father told Karris that Davis needed to be on time from that time on.” From that day Davis was always on time to Hillcrest’s summer workouts.

One of Davis’s former teammate Brody Roemmich at Hillcrest high school when asked about how good was Karris on and off the field Brody said “I thought he was a really talented dude that was really kind to everybody with just a little bit of growing to do.”

We hope nothing but the best for our former Husky all-star and hope he continues to succeed upward to making a career out of his talent.

About the Writer