Filed under Features

Stanley? Or Stan Lee?

Vanity Fair

Stan Lee is one of the most influential comic book authors in history. He has written many books and comics that have created today’s Marvel universe.

Stanley Martin Leiber was born on December 28, 1922 in New York City, NY. In 1939 Lee got a job working for a company that what would become the Marvel universe. He wrote and co-created many classic Marvel comics which were created into movies and directed by Lee.

Stan Lee began his career in 1939 working as an assistant at Timely Comics. In 1942 he enlisted in the army and served as writing training films and manuals. Lee wrote with many people, the closest being, Frank Capra, Pulitzer, and Theodor Geisel or otherwise known as Dr. Seuss.

At the end of many of his “Stan Soapbox” articles you could see his famous catch phrase “Excelsior!” To him this means “Onward and Upward to greater glory.”

Lee wrote many comics including Black Panther, Spider Man, The X-Men, The Mighty Thor, Iron man, the Incredible Hulk, and many more. He was very active in the movie making process of all the Marvel movies.

Lee stopped, many years ago, writing comics and movies and instead stayed in the movie making process. Stan wrote and directed many of the Marvel comics that have become so popular in the entertainment industry

Have you ever seen him in a Marvel movie? He makes cameos in almost every Marvel movie. The writers for Marvel movies added him in many movies just as a joke to start out with but then it started to become a huge significance and a tradition to involve him in the movies.

Lee passed away on November 12, 2018 at Cadets-Sinai medical center. He died as a legend that everyone will remember for his creative personality and his charming mind.